“…Refugees in the community are more than twice as likely to start a business as the general population.”
The Impact of Refugees the USA report confirms that the growing new American populations contribute to the cultural richness and enhance the economic growth and development of this country. The growth rate of the immigrant/refugee population in the USA has also posed certain challenges for the country infrastructure in meeting the basic living necessities in a culturally sensitive manner. Some of these challenges include language barriers and education, fair and affordable housing, healthcare and employment. This report helps us to pinpoint these issues in order to better address them. The USA has always been an inclusive city. We accept and appreciate those from ALL cultures and backgrounds. It’s what makes the USA the best place to live, work and raise a family.
29% PERCENT Refugee households with six or more people.
41% PERCENT Refugees age 18 and older are currently enrolled in college or have graduated from college.
58% PERCENT Refugees in Columbus resettled in the past 10 years.
13% PERCENT Employed refugees age 16 and older who are business owners.
The services we provide include but are not limited to the following Petitions and Applications and Hearings:
- I-90 Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card
- I-129F Petition for Alien Fiance(e)
- I-130 Petition for Alien Relative
- I-131 Application for Travel Document
- I-134/Invitation Letter
- I-360 VAWA
- I-485 Application to Adjust Status
- I-589 Application for Asylum
- I-601 and I-601A Waiver and Provisional Waivers
- I-730 Refugee/Asylee Petition
- I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence
- I-765 Application for Employment Authorization
- I-821 TPS (Temporary Protected Status)
- I-821D DACA (deferred action for childhood arrivals)
- I-864 Affidavit of Support
- DS-260 Visa –consulate processing
- I-912 Request for Fee Waiver
- I-918 U Visa
- N-400 Application for Naturalization
- N-600 Application for Certification of Citizenship
- N-648 Disability Waivers
- RFE (request for evidence)
- Responses to Notices of Intent to Revoke or Intent to Deny
- Congressional Inquiries
- Representation with Asylum hearings at the Chicago Asylum Office
- Representation in front of the Immigration Court in Cleveland, Ohio
- Representation in local CIS offices (Columbus, Cleveland and Cincinnati)
- Board of Immigration Appeals